Current:Home > ContactBuckingham Palace staff under investigation for 'bar brawl' -Dynamic Profit Academy
Buckingham Palace staff under investigation for 'bar brawl'
TradeEdge Exchange View
Date:2025-04-07 01:48:26
LONDON - Buckingham Palace said Friday it would investigate staff working for Britain's royal family following an after-party, which the Sun reported ended in a "punch-up" and "bar brawl."
Workers attended an early evening reception at Buckingham Palace before heading to a nearby bar to carry on the celebrations.
But their partying got out of hand, and police were called "after glasses were hurled and punches thrown," the Sun said.
Buckingham Palace said on Friday that palace officials were aware of an incident which had taken place outside the workplace following a reception at the official London residence of King Charles.
"While this was an informal social gathering, not an official Palace Christmas party, the facts will be fully investigated, with a robust disciplinary process followed in relation to individual staff and appropriate action taken," Buckingham Palace said in a statement.
Need a break?Play the USA TODAY Daily Crossword Puzzle.
Rough year for royals
News of the investigation comes against the backdrop of a tumultuous year for the royal family marked by illness and strained relations with Prince Harry and Duchess Meghan, who now reside in America.
Princess Kate announced earlier this year that she had been diagnosed with cancer, following a months-long public (and tabloid) fever about her whereabouts. After undergoing a course of preventative chemotherapy, the princess returned to royal duties, helping to share the workload with King Charles, who revealed his own cancer diagnosis in February, and Queen Camilla, who has been intermittently ill.
Princess Kate offers rare commenton 'challenging' year at Christmas concert
Meanwhile, across the pond, Harry and Meghan are locked in a number of legal battles with British publishers. The trial with Rupert Murdoch's News Group Newspapers, whom they are suing over phone hacking and illegally obtaining medical records, is expected to kick off in the coming weeks.
Contributing: Anna Kaufman, USA TODAY
Disclaimer: The copyright of this article belongs to the original author. Reposting this article is solely for the purpose of information dissemination and does not constitute any investment advice. If there is any infringement, please contact us immediately. We will make corrections or deletions as necessary. Thank you.
veryGood! (97)
Related
- 'As foretold in the prophecy': Elon Musk and internet react as Tesla stock hits $420 all
- Cleveland Guardians win 2024 MLB draft lottery despite 2% chance: See the full draft order.
- Mexico’s Supreme Court lifts 2022 ban on bullfighting
- US finds both sides in Sudan conflict have committed atrocities in Darfur
- EU countries double down on a halt to Syrian asylum claims but will not yet send people back
- Rush's Geddy Lee and Alex Lifeson on the band's next chapter
- Generation after generation, Israeli prison marks a rite of passage for Palestinian boys
- US Coast Guard service members don’t feel safe, new review says. Officials are promising changes
- In ‘Nickel Boys,’ striving for a new way to see
- Live updates | Dire humanitarian conditions in Gaza grow worse as Israel widens its offensive
Ranking
- Audit: California risked millions in homelessness funds due to poor anti-fraud protections
- Cargo ship breaks down in Egypt’s Suez Canal and crashes into a bridge. Traffic is not disrupted
- A former Ukrainian lawmaker who fled to Russia found shot dead outside of Moscow
- A 9-year-old wanted to honor her dog that died. So she organized a pet drive for shelters.
- Head of the Federal Aviation Administration to resign, allowing Trump to pick his successor
- Italian prosecutors say no evidence of Russian secret service role in escape of suspect sought by US
- Michael Oher demanded millions from Tuohys in 'menacing' text messages, per court documents
- Turkey’s Erdogan tends to strained relationship with EU with ‘win-win’ trip to neighbor Greece
Recommendation
New Orleans mayor’s former bodyguard making first court appearance after July indictment
In rare action against Israel, U.S. will deny visas to extremist West Bank settlers
Italy reportedly drops out of China Belt and Road initiative that failed to deliver
A group of Norwegian unions says it will act against Tesla in solidarity with its Swedish colleagues
Travis Hunter, the 2
Sheryl Lee Ralph Sets the Record Straight on Rumors She Doesn't Live With Husband Vincent Hughes
The US is poised to require foreign aircraft-repair shops to test workers for drugs and alcohol
Daisy Jones’ Camila Morrone Reveals How Pregnant BFF Suki Waterhouse Will Be as a Mom